Thursday, September 4, 2008

The not so "rolling stones" . . .

I had a doctor’s appointment today and everything is right on track with baby Carter however I am still carrying around two kidney stones. The doctor asked me to continue to strain my pee (I refer to it as “digging for gold”) for at least the next week or two. If there still isn’t anything they may not remove them until after the pregnancy. The stones do not affect the pregnancy but the only concern was my pain which has dramatically dropped. Last night was the first night I didn’t take any pain medication. I feel pretty good just a little backache but I can manage. The pain pills were making me feel sick, groggy and giving me headaches. So we will see how things go.

Baby Carter had an ultrasound today, he is getting so big! She took one picture today and I actually think he was smiling. My skin has started to feel the effects of him growing. The skin underneath my breasts felt like it was burning, but it was just stretching. My ribs also feel bruised but Baby Carter is just making room for himself. I imagine it will only get worse from now on which makes me excited because the sooner he will come out!

I started school this week. I almost forgot for a second how much energy it takes to teach kindergarten. My little ones will keep me on my toes. Some of my kiddos count as two children so I really have to watch those ones! However if I don’t stop moving, I forget how tired I am until I stop moving. I swear my belly swells throughout the day. Eric comes home from work and says, I think you grew while I was gone. I am still completely amazed at how your body can change so fast and dramatically but I absolutely love being pregnant!

No comments: