Monday, November 17, 2008

9 months (36 weeks)




We are in the homestretch now baby! I sometimes have to remind myself that pretty soon this little one has to come out. I am so used to being pregnant, I felt like it was never going to end. Now to know it could happen anytime in the next month is crazy. We went to the doctor today and had an ultrasound. The ultrasound showed his sweet face and big puckered lips. We could even see hair on top of his head. It was so amazing! Baby Carter is in the 42% for growth, right now he weighs about 5lbs. 11 ounces. My doctor said that he would probably be just about 7 pounds when he was born. He also said that there is a large amount of amniotic fluid in my belly, which would explain why my belly is so tight. He also reassured me the Braxton Hicks I have been having which come at any random time and are very uncomfortable. He said they were normal and not to go into the hospital unless my contractions are 5 minutes apart for an hour. So here comes the waiting game. When will little Carter be here? I have all of our bags packed, just in case. And you know I made a spread sheet for the bags so Eric can check off everything on our lists before we race out the door!

No comments: