Thursday, November 17, 2011

Watch out!







Here's a story that we will laugh about one day. Saturday night about 3am I wake up to hear the cabinet doors in the boy's bathroom opening. Eric was gone working a graveyard shift so I quickly popped up to see what was going on. Well Mr. Carter had gotten up (which he NEVER does) and decided to play in the bathroom. The only problem was he had shut the door and opened the drawer leaving about one centimeter of space. I calmly tried to get him to close the drawer. I brought out snacks, toys and musical instruments, anything I could think of to try to get him to want to come out. Nothing was working and I began to panick, it had been a little over a half hour at this point. I finally had gotten a hold of Eric which was good because I was one phone call away from calling the fire department. He tried to keep me calm but once Carter started to cry, there was no calming me down. My mama instincts took over and I was going to break that door down if I had to. I found every tool possible and went to town on the door. By 5am I had broken through the door and Carter was safe and sound.

Some how Nolan slept through it all, which was a very good thing. Eric made it home shortly after the ordeal and all was well, all but the door. And later on that afternoon as I was retelling the story to friends and family we were laughing. Because things are always better when you laugh about them. Looks like we may need to add a new door to our Christmas list.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: