Saturday, August 7, 2010

Crazy husband!









So when I was pregnant with Carter, Eric ran a marathon. Now while pregnant with the second he decides to run a triathlon. Just as I am getting bigger, he feels its best for him to be in his prime, whatever! Last Sunday Eric completed the Whiskey Dick Triathlon from Vantage to Ellensburg. Which come to find out is one of the hardest triathlons out there. It was a 1.2 mile long swim in the Columbia River, 28 mile bike ride (all up hill) from Vantage to Ellensburg and a 6 mile run around Ellensburg. The crazy part was that Eric had a mountain bike and the other 140 participates had road bikes. The entire way he could hear people whispering about him, "Does he know what he is getting himself into", "Does he realize how tough it is going to be on that bike". Despite the challenges, of course he made it just fine. His best piece of advice for next time was to have the proper equipment! I think I was more nervous about the whole event then he was. When he first jumped into the water, I started to cry. A guy watching next to me asked "is this his first one?" I said yes and said "He better survive damn it, because he has one little one and another on the way!" Well we all survived and made it home safe and sound. Way to go honey! I am so proud of you!

No comments: