Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Carter turns 2!













My baby boy turned two last Thursday (Dec. 2nd) and we celebrated his birthday this weekend. Wow, was it a wild one! Mama is done with parties until school starts for the kids, although we will have birthday 1 & 2 for Nolan also. Have to be fair! Now I see why people rent places out, it is worth every penny you have to spend. Oh well there was a lot of fun had by all. Although Carter was a tad overwhelmed by all of his guests, he is still a little shy around big groups of people. He has to be eased into the situation. Poor guy woke up from his nap and 20 plus people were here.

Carter has taught me so much in two years. I remember when he was first born and someone told me, God gives all of his babies to the right parents. At the time it didn't make sense and it actually made me angry but I understand it now. I cannot imagine our lives without Carter. He has a huge heart and he loves like no one I know. He is gentle and so sweet to almost anyone he meets. His smile is contagious and his laugh will have you on the ground. He talks up a storm although it is in his own language that we are still slowly decoding. He does everything on Carter time, when he is ready to do it, he will let you know. He likes to practice just to make sure it is just right. I know he will be walking any day now. I am so proud to say he is my son. Everyday I see a little sparkle in his eye that just melts my heart. I was meant to be his mama and he was meant to be my baby boy.

No comments: