Friday, September 17, 2010

Can you hear that?

Can you hear that? Ahh, silence. All I can hear is the typing on my computer. It is rare now a days to hear silence. Usually when one sleeps, the other one is up, when one is in a clean diaper, the other needs to be changed, when one is eating, the other one is crying because they want to be feed also. Adding one more to the mix defiantly changes the game. But even after my long exhausting days, I can't help but smile because I feel so blessed to have such a amazing family. I always thought that it would be impossible to love another baby as much as I do Carter but your heart just grows. I love them both more then anything and I love watching them each grow and change every day. My little Carter man is on the verge of walking, I just know it is going to happen in the next month or so. He is pushing himself up into standing without holding on to things. He travels across his toys and climbs on everything. He is still learning to be a "gentle" big brother. I have caught him stealing kisses and giving love pats, I sometimes just have to watch because his love pat can become a little rough.
Nolan turned 3 weeks yesterday. When I think about it, it feels like a long time and then again I think about the fact he hasn't even been in the world for 30 days. Wow! He still looks just like his daddy (surprise). He was weighing in last week at 6lbs.15oz, so still a little peanut. He is a big fan of being held by mommy. . . constantly! He is starting to become more alert and staying awake longer to check out his surroundings.

Mama is still adjusting to two on her own. Although I have managed a few trips to the store alone with both. And evenings I am getting faster at getting everyone ready for bed. I did two baths in under 20 minutes last night, I was sweating and soaking wet but I managed. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't get peed on by one or both. Most days I get a shower in but hair and make-up are not always done. Dressing up consists of my "fancy" sweats which would be a Juicy outfit. Speaking of dressing, who was the genius that designed nursing bras. No wonder some women shy away from fashion after children, you need a moo-moo to cover the damn thing. Yes the chest is enlarged but do you need 5 inch bra straps. Goodness! Project Runway I have a challenge for you, design me a nursing bra that makes me hot. Its bad enough I already feel like a cow at least give me a little dignity under my clothes!
Well children are calling so I will try to post some pics later on today when Daddy is home!

No comments: