Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Heart Day!









Well we had a Happy Heart Day despite the bad news we received on Friday night. My Dad took my Mom into the emergency room on Friday night at about 5:30 because she was having bad stomach pain. We got a call around 9 o'clock telling us what was happening. They asked for us not to rush down there because they didn't know what was going on and how long all of the test were going to take. Well at about 3 o'clock in the morning she had her appendix taken out, which was a relief to know it was something they could treat right away. I guess our family is not meant to have an appendix, my brother, now mother and I all have had our appendix removed. However their surgeries were done in the US, mine however was in Mexico on my senior trip. Let me just say, I envy their stay compared to mine. I came home with my appendix in a Gerber baby food jar. Let's just be thankful I came home with all my other body parts as well!

So despite the medical emergency she is recovering slowly but surely. We are going to visit Grandma later on today. Saturday night we had plans to go to dinner at the Melting Pot for Valentine's Day. Grandpa and Grandma were supposed to babysit, so small change in plans. Carter bug went on Mommy and Daddy's date night with Katie and Travis. We was defiantly up past his bed time, but an angel as always. We are so blessed to have such a well behaved little man.

No comments: