Saturday, January 2, 2010

Breaking up is hard to do. . .

Well it has been just about one month since Carter broke up with "the girls" It was a long steady relationship that had it's good times and bad. Carter managed to suck all the life out of them. Since the break up the girls just haven't been the same, they are life less and are always hanging low. I am pretty sure they will never ever be the way the used to be. But the joys of motherhood out weigh a nice rack I guess! But for goodness sake, I never knew they would downsize to this degree, holy smokes! I have never experienced the wonders of trying on any shirt I please without having to worry about the girls all over the place. I have to say, I really do like the smaller version. Not sure that my loving husband would agree, but oh well!

Any how I stopped breastfeeding right after Carter's first birthday. (Which by the way was by far the worst pain ever! I got a serious infection and the doctor kept saying your fine, it just takes time. Then finally after two weeks realized I wasn't, saw me and said "oh my!" Yeah thanks, but after a shot and some medicine I was much better! ) Poor boy, first birthday comes along and now no boobies or bottles (although I still give him a bottle at night). I am sure he is saying to himself, this one year old thing is not all it is cracked up to be! My little one year old man had his check up and his stats are:
Length: 28 3/4 -25% (65% DS scale)
Weight: 18.5 pounds- 25% (75% DS scale)
Carter also had his thyroid checked and the results came back as normal. It is something we will have to monitor over the years because of the DS. In January Carter has his first eye exam, another thing we will monitor because of the DS. I am not really sure how the eye doctor will be able to test his eyes, seeing how Carter isn't able to verbalize responses just yet. But I am sure with all the technology out there they have some amazing tool to help them check.

Carter can wave now. I have been home for two weeks on Christmas vacation so I had been working on it daily. And now my little man can wave, it is the cutest thing ever. I will have to record it and post it.

We had a pretty low key New Year's Eve. We went to our friends house down the street from here, had some food and a little wine. We actually decided to drive home, about ten minutes before midnight so they wouldn't be anyone on the road. We thought it would be safer that way, there wasn't one car on the road.

So here's to 2010, another year to many more memories. I love my family and my life. I can't imagine things any different. Maybe a future brother or sister will join us this year. Who knows!?! Cheers!

No comments: