Saturday, June 21, 2008

We are having a baby!!!

I can’t believe how fast time goes by. It seems like just yesterday we found out we were pregnant. I am coming up onto almost 4 months. Let me recap the last couple months for you all.
Eric and I had decided to go to Mexico this June to create our little bean. Well I guess someone had a different plan for us because Black Diamond seemed to work out just fine a little earlier then anticipated.
I can’t believe how things change inside and outside your body during pregnancy. The first couple months were extremely rough. I was sick the entire time and I could have sleep through a complete day and night no problem. Food became a chore, I could only handle bland and simple. The sight, smell and taste of chicken threw me over the edge. I could not eat any protein however I managed protein bars. Now I am in the second trimester and feeling like myself again. I sometimes forget I am pregnant until I see my huge chest. Instead of my belly growing just yet my chest has decided to make up for it. I have had to make some minor adjustments in my wardrobe so far. I absolutely love every minute of pregnancy and couldn’t be more excited to share this with my loving husband and best friend, Eric.

I think sharing the news was the most exciting part for me. I absolutely love giving surprises! Since our baby is due in December I decided to wrap up little toy babies inside Christmas wrapping paper. I had everyone over (although my brother couldn’t be there due to work traveling) and let my mom, Eric’s mom- Georgia, my sister in law- Erin, open three presents. Inside was a toy baby with a note reading “Dear grandma, grandpa, auntie and uncle, I can’t wait to meet you in December. Love, Baby”. Everyone’s jaws hit the floor. It was quite the surprise seeing how I am the queen of organization and for the first time this was something I could not organize.
So we have been enjoying every minute of this new adventure and we are excited to share it with you. Now that school is out for summer, I promise to keep you all updated on what is going on.
Take care and you will hear from us soon!
Love, Alison, Eric & Baby

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it that you have a new blog. You have to make sure to keep updating it bc i get bored of the same pics!! Love it and love you!

Kim said...

I'm so excited for you guys and also very happy that I'll be living close by so I can visit. Thanks for creating a blog. I love the updates! :)